INDUSTRIAL EPOXY FLOORING
WHAT IS EPOXY FLOORING AND WHY DO WE NEED EPOXY FLOORING ?
Basically, the word Epoxy was derived from two Greek words ‘epi’ and ‘oxy’. ‘Epi’ means ‘upon’ while the word ‘oxy’ means ‘sharp’ or ‘acidic’. The term ‘flooring’ refers to the lower enclosing surface of spaces within buildings.
Epoxy is a resin compound made up of two or three components, depending on the application. Epoxy Coatings come in a variety of options including self-levelling epoxy floor compounds, roll on and epoxy screed – all of which provide a seamless and totally impermeable surface. Epoxy also allows seamless coving between walls and floors, which enables even greater protection from the possibility of food contamination from an accumulation of bacteria, mould, dirt and dust.
Epoxy floor coating is more heat- and chemical-resistant than most glues and can adhere to wood, metal, glass, stone, and some plastics. The primary areas for application of epoxy resins in construction projects are coatings, flooring, concrete restoration, crack repair, and as joint material for tiles.
Epoxy floor coatings are commonly used for commercial and industrial flooring. Epoxy floor coatings are normally applied over concrete floors to provide a high-performance, smooth and durable surface that can last many years and withstand heavy loads. Epoxy floor coatings has more abrasive resistance so very less wear and tear.
Epoxy flooring is typically used in the following food and beverage industry.
- Bottling and canning operations
- Meat, poultry and seafood processing
- Dry food processing plants
- Cold storage and freezer rooms
- Fresh produce processing facilities
- Distilleries, wineries, cideries and breweries
TYPES OF EPOXY FLOORINGS
There are eight types of industrial flooring (epoxy flooring) such as :
- Self Dispersing Epoxy Coatings for Floors
- Self Levelling Epoxy Coatings for Floors
- Mortar Epoxy Coatings for Floors
- Graveled Epoxy Coatings for Floors
- Epoxy Terrazzo Floor Coatings
- Epoxy Antistatic Floor Coating
- Vapor Barrier Epoxy Coatings
- Epoxy Flaked Floor Coatings
EPOXY FLOORING : PREPARATION AND INSTALLATION
Epoxy can be used on various types of floors, including tile, vinyl, and metal, but it’s most commonly used to coat concrete floors. The process of preparing a floor for an epoxy coating is equally as important as the installation process.
Epoxy primer is a type of sealer with a non-porous finish. Base coats of epoxy primer are ideal for steel and other materials. Once you have applied a coat of this primer, you can continue to add other undercoat products and paints.
Here are the most important aspects of preparing a floor for coating:
- Testing for moisture, harmful chemicals, and oil deposits
- Possibly removing old floor coatings
- Repairing the surface
- Cleaning the floor prior to the mechanical surface preparation
If a floor is not carefully prepared before adding epoxy, then it will not last. During the installation phase, one of the most important things a contractor can do is maintain a consistent temperature and humidity level. This helps the floor to cure properly after the installation.
INDUSTRIAL EPOXY FLOORING APPLICATIONS
- Animal care facilities
- Auto repair shops
- Car dealership showrooms
- Coffee roasters and craft breweries
- Data Centres
- Farm Machinery Sheds
- Grocery stores
- Horse stables
- Research laboratories
- Manufacturing industries
- Food industries
- Operation theatres in hospital
- Retail spaces
- University laboratories
- Veterinary Clinics
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Educational Institutions
- Textile Industry
- Residential Car Garages
- Commercial Kitchens
WHAT ARE THE THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED WHEN WE GO FOR EPOXY FLOORING SERVICES ?
EPOXY FLOORING COST
Epoxy flooring cost is not cheaper than concrete polishing or even a lower-grade sealer. But epoxy flooring cost are cheaper than PU flooring. Part of the reason for the cost of industrial flooring is due to the installation process. If epoxy is not applied under the right conditions, it may form unsightly bubbles, blisters, or perhaps even fail to adhere to the floor. Less-than-ideal temperatures or a host of other factors can contribute to installation complications.
The most important consideration prior to installation is the proper cleaning and preparation of the floor. If a floor is not properly prepared, an epoxy floor coating will not last.
BENEFITS OF SELF LEVELLING EPOXY FLOOR
There are four most important benefits in self levelling epoxy floors and they are :
- Aesthetics such as colour and texture
- Health and safety in the sense it is not only good-looking and long-lasting, but they’re also a safe and hygienic flooring option.
Such as :
Epoxy floor is impermeability to liquids makes it impossible for mold and bacteria to grow in the porous concrete below the epoxy coating. Additionally, some epoxy coatings have additives that make it unreceptive to bacterial growth that are common to veterinary clinics and hospitals.
For safety, other aggregates can be added epoxy that make the floor slip-resistant, which is ideal in any setting, but especially in manufacturing facilities and warehouses.
Where electronic equipment exists – such as in an electronic manufacturing facility – so does electrostatic. Electrostatic dissipative epoxies (ESD) prevent and reduce the effect of static discharges, thereby also protecting equipment and workers.
Self levelling epoxy floor coatings are available in USDA-approved varieties for food and beverage processing plants.
Particularly helpful in warehouses with forklifts or other moving machinery, floor striping is a popular safety feature for epoxy flooring. In a warehouse where employees are sharing the floor with drivers of heavy machinery, striping keeps everyone in their own lane and helps traffic to flow more efficiently. Floor striping can also aid in organization.
INDUSTRIAL EPOXY FLOORING – CHARACTERISTICS
- Two-part product in which resin is mixed with hardener/activator
- Will be labelled “100 % solids”
- Often applied in conjunction with vinyl paint chips
- Dries fully hard in no more than 24 hours
- Extremely smelly to apply; adequate ventilation is a must
- A very hard and long-lasting surface
ADVANTAGES OF INDUSTRIAL EPOXY FLOORING
Industrial Epoxy floor offer many advantages when compared to other traditional coatings applied over concrete:
- Creates a shiny high-gloss surface that can significantly increase the brightness of interior areas
- Offers a hard-wearing durable surface able to withstand heavy and continuous traffic
- Quick and easy to install, requiring no layout, cutting additional adhesives, or special tools or equipment
- Durable and easy to clean
- Ideal for warehouses and industrial applications
- Resists oil stains and water
- Creates a seamless surface that can last many years
- Can be combined with paints and colors to mask off chips and cracks
- Provides a chemically resistant surface ideal for manufacturing plants
- Offers enhanced safety when the surface contains anti-slip additives
- Can be applied in different patterns to create visible driveways and/or identify walkable areas
- Prevents wear and tear on existing concrete floors
- May be compatible with self-levelling products that can be applied over new or old concrete, depending on the product
- Requires little or no major maintenance.
We at Texel Agency will help you to achieve best in class Industrial Flooring & warehouse flooring. We do help you to lay VDF Flooring and all Epoxy flooring, PU flooring & concrete polishing
Texel agency is one of the best VDF flooring contractors in Coimbatore. Our VDF Flooring price is very optimum with best quality.
Texel Agency is also one of the best epoxy flooring applicators in Coimbatore. Our Epoxy flooring service is being extended to all over south india.
Our Epoxy Flooring service is being given in important cities like Coimbatore, Chennai, Bangalore, Hosur, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi & Calicut. Our Epoxy flooring service is being given at very optimum price.
Please call us for the best Industrial flooring solution,