INDUSTRIAL PU FLOORING
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- TYPES OF INDUSTRIAL FLOORING
- PU FLOORING
- REASONS FOR INSTALLING PU FLOORING IN INDUSTRIES
- APPLICATIONS OF PU FLOORING
- PROCEDURE FOR INSTALLING PU FLOORS IN INDUSTRIES
- PU FLOORING AT FOOD AND BEVERAGE INDUSTRIES
- PU FLOORING AT CAR PARKING DECK
- ADVANTAGES OF PU FLOORING
- DISADVANTAGES OF PU FLOORING
Growth of industries has became one of the major growth factors in 21st century for all mankind. However, all the industries have one thing in common a zeal to drive growth and make more profits. Industries always prefer to maintain smooth operation over hassle in the working environment.
Now-a-days, all the industries have become modern and well equipped with all kinds of infrastructure solutions from the very beginning to maintain uninterrupted work. The organization opts for the solution based on the requirement the industries need like heavy foot traffic areas, heavy machinery and trolly movement, heavy vehicle movement, chemical spills, hygiene, etc.
TYPES OF INDUSTRIAL FLOORING
There are several types of industrial flooring and they are :
- Concrete Flooring
- Polished Concrete
- Epoxy Flooring
- Polyurethane flooring (PU Flooring)
- Industry Grade Tiles
- Vinyl Flooring
PU floorings are very well suited to industrial facilities (for almost all industries), where the floor is likely to face a long list of challenges on a daily basis.
Polyurethane (PU) is a type of polymer made of units that are connected by urethane links. Polyurethane (PU Flooring) screeds, are a popular choice for clients within the food industry.
Polyurethane flooring, also known as PU flooring, is used in both commercial and domestic environments. PU Floors are most commonly found in residential environments, whereas PU screeds are solely good for industrial flooring or factory flooring.
Polyurethane flooring has a good degree of flexibility, meanings it is much less brittle in comparison to epoxy flooring solutions, yet still has extremely durable properties.
REASONS FOR INSTALLING PU FLOORING IN INDUSTRIES
PU Floorings can be installed in industries for its different needs and reasons. Such as,
- Wear resistance
- Slip Resistance
- Chemical Resistance
- Abrasion and Scratch Resistance
- Quick Application
- Fast Curing and Low Downtime.
- Liquid Proof
- Easy to Apply
- Good Mechanical Resistance
- Easy to Clean
APPLICATIONS OF PU FLOORING
There are several applications for polyurethane flooring and they are:
- Car Parking Areas
- Food and Beverage Industries
- Chemical Industries
- Sports Flooring
- Freezing Chamber
- Manufacturing Industries
- Cotton Mills and so on.
*Food and beverage industries and car parking deck are the major application of PU flooring.
PROCEDURE FOR INSTALLING PU FLOORS IN INDUSTRIES
PU flooring installation sequence is to be set in motion. Installation procedure is broadly classified into three important steps:
- Surface preparation
- Application of primer and screed
- Application of topping
PU FLOORING AT FOOD AND BEVERAGE INDUSTRIES
Polyurethane is a lot more soft and elasticated and that is why it is best suitable for a place with foot traffic, car parks, and food factories. Polyurethane (PU Flooring) screeds, are a popular choice for clients within the food industry.
Polyurethane systems which are HACCP International certified have been leading the charge for hygienic food industry flooring for over a decade.
The food and beverage process factories are filled with by-products like fats, blood, sugar solutions, and other contaminants. When these substances go to the floors, they do not only bring in dirty bacteria. They can possibly corrode the foundation and receive long-term damage.
PU floors can handle the extreme temperatures of these by-products, like hot oil because it has strong resistance to thermal cycling.
This is because of its suitable characteristics, such as:
- Ultra Violet Ray Stability – Unlike Epoxy, Polyurethane is ultra violet ray stable (aliphatic polyurethanes) which means it won’t turn yellow when exposed to sunlight.
- Flexibility – Polyurethane resin flooring systems usually offer good flexibility, potentially accommodating minor movement whereas epoxy systems are more brittle.
- Durability – Like Epoxy, polyurethane is strong and hard-wearing which is particularly useful where there are heavy loads and lots of trafficking.
- Minimal maintenance – Barely any maintenance is required with a polyurethane flooring system which is valuable in busy 24-hour businesses which require little to no downtime.
- Heat tolerance – Polyurethanes provide superior heat, cold, and thermal shock tolerance. PU coatings are heat resistant to temperatures up to 120°C.
PU FLOORING AT CAR PARKING DECK
PU flooring is used in the middle level of car parking multi – storey because the intermediate or middle levels need to tolerate less exposure to weather conditions, but must be robust enough to withstand the constant abrasion and shear stresses of moving vechicles.
When full of vehicles, an intermediate car park deck will flex significantly compared to when empty, so flexibility of the system is very important. If there was no flexibility in the flooring system these varying conditions are likely to cause cracks over time, resulting in potentially dangerous floor failure.
Intermediate decks in multi-storey car parks need to tolerate the weight and movement of vehicles so here we go for PU flooring systems.
ADVANTAGES OF PU FLOORING
- Can achieve a very glossy, glass like surface – great for that top end look (PU flooring gives a glossy finish).
- Is more elastic, giving it a softer, bouncier feel and better resistance to surface scratching
- It offers better resistance to extremes of temperatures e.g. freezers and cold rooms
- Good for waterproofing
- Better resistance to food contaminants such as lactic acids – ideal for dairies and also commercial kitchens
- It gives a good base for anti-slip surfaces
- Has a much shorter curing time than epoxy, it is important that if you just can’t spare the down time in your facility.
DISADVANTAGES OF PU FLOORING
- Very sensitive to humidity, can affect its ability to cure properly.
- Prone to gouging, not as resistant to heavy industry traffic as epoxy surfaces.
- Cost is high when compared to epoxy flooring.
We at Texel Agency will help you to achieve best in class Industrial PU Flooring & warehouse flooring. We do help you to lay Industrial PU Flooring and all Epoxy flooring, PU flooring & concrete polishing
Texel agency is one of the best PU flooring contractors in Coimbatore. Our PU Flooring price is very optimum with best quality.
Texel Agency is also one of the best epoxy flooring applicators in Coimbatore. Our Epoxy flooring service is being extended to all over south india.
Our Epoxy Flooring service is being given in important cities like Coimbatore,Chennai,Bangalore, Hosur, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram,Kochi & Calicut. Our Epoxy flooring service is being given at very optimum price.
Please call us for the best Industrial flooring solution,
9944906199 / 9047804933