TABLE OF CONTENTS
- REQUIREMENT FOR HOSPITAL FLOORINGS
- TYPES OF FLOORING SERVICES PROVIDING FOR HOSPITALS
- EPOXY FLOORING IN HOSPITALS
- BENEFITS OF INSTALLING EPOXY FLOORING IN HOSPITALS
- VINYL FLOORING
- ADVANTAGES OF USING VINYL FLOORING IN HOSPITALS
The healthcare industry and hospital floorings has a unique set of challenges in the flooring world. We will need to consider a various number of factors when choosing hospital floorings like what areas in the hospital need flooring, what type of flooring is best suited for that area, longevity of a flooring, durability, and what type of flooring is comfort for underfoot, Aesthetics, point load and rolling load requirements, cleanability and cost are also critical components in your hospital flooring choice. It is important to take everything into account to make the right decision about floorings in hospitals.
We know that “the first impression is the best impression” likewise the first place your patients and their families will experience is the entrance of the hospital so it should need to be well maintained and germ free Hygiene floors. Therefore, you will want to accommodate not only high foot traffic issues but rolling load traffic considerations as well. The entrance area corridors and public spaces will have the most traffic so the flooring of the hospital need to withstand heavy loads. These Hygiene Floors will need a high level of cleanability as well as durability. The hospital flooring product for these sections should be non-slip to avoid any injuries to patients or staff and should be water and stain resistant and offer a high level of durability. A good choice for flooring in hospitals would be epoxy flooring, vinyl flooring, luxury vinyl tile (LVT), vinyl composition tile (VCT), sheet vinyl, rubber, or linoleum.
For Operation Theatre Flooring in hospitals, the trend is toward welded sheet rubber with “Dri Fit” tape or two-part urethane epoxy. (Dri Fit is a double-sided adhesive tape used for its strength and durability.) It’s also worth mentioning, the advent of new acrylic spray adhesive that manufactures are touting for under patient beds and operating rooms. Both options allow for quick turnaround times with installation which is a plus for any hospital. Rubber flooring withstands the movement of heavy hospital beds, x-ray machines, gurneys, and other equipment.
REQUIREMENT FOR HOSPITAL FLOORING
- Operation Theatre Flooring in hospitals should have anti-bacterial/fungicidal, anti-microbial & anti-static properties
- Should be fire retardant and smoke resistant
- Operation Theatre Flooring in hospitals can be thermo-welded for joint free installation
- Should be impact resistant and heavy duty for moving trollies and high traffic
- Should be Hygiene Floors
TYPES OF FLOORING SERVICES PROVIDING FOR HOSPITALS
The following are the types of flooring services providing for hospitals :
- Epoxy Flooring
- Vinyl Flooring
- luxury vinyl tile
- Vinyl Composition Tile
- Sheet Vinyl
EPOXY FLOORING IN HOSPITALS
Hospitals, medical clinics, health centres and other medical facilities are known for their ability to respond to a variety of emergencies, along with providing a hygiene, safety and healthy environment for the people in need of medical care. When it comes to providing a healthy and hygiene environment, medical facilities utilize epoxy coatings for their flooring needs, as they provide the best benefits in terms of hygiene that can pass medical regulations.
By using epoxy flooring for medical clinics and hospitals and it helps to turn the floors into safer and healthy environments for their patients and staff.
Epoxy coating is an effective and long lasting solution to the demands of hospitals and health centres facilities. Epoxy Coating is durable enough to handle intensive cleaning products and daily cleaning thus provides hygiene to the environment.
BENEFITS OF INSTALLING EPOXY FLOORING IN HOSPITALS
- Resistance to strong cleaning solutions
- Pathogen control
- Increased safety for patients and staff
- Epoxy resin is popular in operating rooms, medical offices, and most healthcare facilities
- Whether you want a solid color or a texture surface epoxy resin has a solution
- Decorate your clinic flooring with colored quartz sand, vinyl chips or metallic pigments
- Epoxy is a long lasting solution for healthcare flooring without much upkeep
- One of the least expensive options when it comes to resinous, antibacterial flooring
- Quick and easy installation
- The high gloss finishes gives a vibrant look to medical office flooring
- Cleanable and easily maintained against wear and tear
- Resistant to water and other liquids
- Skid resistant final coating options available.
Vinyl flooring is nothing but a monolithic and has no joints. This minimizes bacteria growth and helps fight hospital-acquired / bacterial infections.
The main reason for using vinyl plank flooring is the fact that it is 100% water resistant. This means surface water and spills won’t affect the flooring. This quality makes it the ideal flooring solution for hospital and medical clinics as well as basements, kitchens, bathrooms, restaurants and cafes. Vinyl floor lasts for 10-20 years.
Vinyl flooring is highly durable. If the vinyl floor is installed and maintained correctly, it can last upwards of 10-20 years. That why we said, vinyl is a great choice for the rooms in your house that get the most foot traffic. Additionally, most vinyl flooring has a wear layer on its surface that resists scratches and stains. Hospital vinyl flooring has a thickness of 2mm to 5mm.
Luxury vinyl planks are in themselves, completely water-proof and cannot be damaged by exposure to moisture. For that reason they are an excellent choice for laundry rooms, bathrooms, kitchens and other areas where moisture is around.
Though vinyl flooring has immense advantages it also has some problems include crumpling at the edges, as the adhesive has loosened, or, as in case of LVT, problems with abatement chemicals which can react adversely with these flooring materials. If you are installing click-lock vinyl planks, uneven substrate can lead to lifting of the flooring’s edges and joints.
Thus, many hospitals still choose to use this vinyl flooring for its environment because they are effective.
ADVANTAGES OF USING VINYL FLOORING WORK IN HOSPITAL
- Easy to maintain.
- Perfect for high-optimal foot traffic.
- Chemicals and stain resistance.
- Resistance to slipping.
- Near-impermeable properties.
- Mechanical toughness.
- Waterproof and fire-resistant.
- It is antibacterial, antiseptic, and fungicidal.
- Durable and lightweight.
- Easy to maintain and clean.
- Slip-resistant and sound-reduction.
- Comfortable to the feet.
We at Texel Agency will help you to achieve best in class Hospital Flooring. We do help you to lay Hospital Flooring and all Epoxy flooring, PU flooring & concrete polishing
Texel agency is one of the best hospital flooring contractors in Coimbatore. Our hospital flooring price is very optimum with best quality.
Texel Agency is also one of the best epoxy flooring applicators in Coimbatore. Our Epoxy flooring service is being extended to all over south india.
Our Epoxy Flooring service is being given in important cities like Coimbatore, Chennai, Bangalore, Hosur, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi & Calicut. Our Epoxy flooring service is being given at very optimum price.
Please call us for the best Industrial flooring solution,
9944906199 / 9047804933